Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fresh Air, In Human Form

In my experience, everyone needs one person to whom they can turn when they need a breath of fresh air.  On those days, when you feel like screaming the F word at the top of your lungs and hurling random objects at whomever crosses your grumpy path, you need someone to connect with, whether in person, by phone, e-mail, or Facebook.  Someone who puts you in check, stops you in your pissed-off tracks, and helps you see that life is, truly, good.

My "fresh air" person is my friend, LMB.  We've known each other for close to twenty years, and she is consistently one of the better people on Earth.  When I'm having one of the above-mentioned days, I know that I can click on her FB page and find something that makes me genuinely smile.  I can e-mail her and she responds with something positive and thought-provoking.  When I see her in person, which isn't often enough, her very presence is uplifting.

My goal one day to be that person for someone else.  I'm pretty cranky, though.  And I swear a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment