Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I am my own StumbleUpon.

One of my nephews is forever posting links on Facebook that he gets from StumbleUpon.  I wish I had had the brilliance to make this website my own reality years ago - we'd be stinkin' rich right about now and the mortgage on our little home would be paid off.  I am constantly getting lost in the Internets by clicking on one thing which leads to another and then another, and so on.  It's usually other blogs that ensnare my curiosity and keep me clicking.  For example, today I Googled "pad phet" because we are going to dinner with the folks tonight, and I don't know how to pronounce this dish.  I want to order it and I hate sounding like a doof when ordering foreign food.  "Phet" is pronounced "pet."  But here's the order in which I stumbled around on my lunch hour:

Google "pad phet" ----->
City Mama ------>
Foodily -------->
Dash & Bella ------>

I had to stop there - the lunch hour was over, and I felt I had sufficiently spent my allotment of wasted time on a Tuesday.  FYI: the new Fiat is nowhere near as cool as the back-in-the-day Fiats.  BD and I saw an old one on the road the other day (he knew exactly the year and model because he's a car-nerd like that) that was in pristine condition. 

Yes, I'm aware this post is not one my usual "you need to know this stuff right now" blurbs.  I've been busy at work and at home.  Babydoll turns 6 months old today!  And we are taking her on her first groovy road trip to a groovy beach for a long, hopefully groovy weekend tomorrow morning.  Wish us luck.

Oh!  I can tie in EWG's 2011 Sunscreen Guide to today's post.  We use California Baby on the Babydoll, and Episencial on ourselves.  Post-sun, we use an organic, pure Aloe Vera gelly (can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but it's made in California and sold at Whole Foods).  Check your aloe before applying to your child (or yourself) - several drugstore brands contain parabens.

Okay, I gotta go.  Hope everyone has a happy and safe Independence Day celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment