Monday, December 10, 2012

30 Days of Motherhood: Day 13

Day 13: Experiencing Life

(looking for Days 2-12?  Check out my Facebook page here.)

My friend Sarah has a cute little firecracker daughter, who is a few months younger than Babydoll.  I like to call her Livyloo - she cracks me up, and Babydoll loves playing with her.

Anyhoo, the point of today's post is that Sarah often talks about giving her daughter new experiences.  I'm in love with this idea for so many reasons.  Namely, it's easy.  Think about it.  What does a toddler know about life?  Not much, really.  A task as simple as peeling a mandarin orange is mind-blowing for a little kid.  Pointing out a hummingbird in Grandma's garden is HUGE and cause for giggles and shrieks.  A simple walk around the neighborhood yields 100 things your babe has never seen, heard, smelled, or felt before.

And the best part?  Seeing my child's joy over each discovery softens my grown-up hard-ass idea that I've seen everything already.

No comments:

Post a Comment