Wednesday, November 28, 2012

30 Days of Motherhood: Day 1

In honor of my sweetheart's upcoming 2nd birthday, I thought I'd share the ideas, images, and quotes that have inspired me as a mother.

Day One:

"I'm always available if he needs me, period."

~Alanis Morissette, about her son, Ever

When I am having one of those crazy days - the one where you're going non-stop from sunup to sundown, when nothing goes right, and the cat pukes in the middle of the one load of laundry you managed to finish - I try to remember to just breathe.  Breathe, and focus, and be present for my child.  It is all too easy to get caught up in the "have to's" of every day.  Sometimes, you just need to chuck it all out the window, snuggle up with the kiddo, and read "Little Blue Truck."

No comments:

Post a Comment